If you have been watching the TV or listening to the radio you will have heard about the BBC’s Make it Digital activities. The main website is here. There are TV and radio programmes, iWonder activities and opportunities to get involved online and at school. If you click on ‘Get Involved’ at the top on the left you can see many ideas that could be useful in schools and at home.
There are lots of resources to use to explore coding and digital tools and share with pupils including:
- Code Club – the after school code club for 9 ti 11 year olds – have a look here to find your local clubs.
- Coder Dojo – programming clubs for young people – there’s one in Olney and one in MK so far.
- Teen Tech events where secondary pupils work with scientists, technologists and engineers – have a look at this link to see the events happening in your area.
- resources for primary schools
- resources for secondary schools
- the CBBC Stay Safe Online materials
For many of us since the recent change in the national curriculum our own subject knowledge in coding and computing needs developing. In these BBC Make it Digital resources and events there are great opportunities for us as adults and for pupils to learn more and explore the creativity and opportunities that are around at the moment.
feel free to comment below if you use any of the resources and attend any of the activities.