A blog for students on the FDLT and BALT courses at the University of Northampton

at Leicester and UON

FDLT tutor

| 0 comments

With a group of children at the Alfred East Gallery, Kettering

I am Jean Edwards, a Senior Lecturer in the School of Education. Some of you may have met me or corresponded with me in my role as Admissions Tutor for the FDLT course. I teach on the FDLT and also on the BA Learning and Teaching.

Before I came to work at the uni I was a Headteacher of a lower school and in total was a teacher for nineteen years. As a headteacher one of my teaching assistants went on the FDLT and BALT courses, she then did a GTP course and is now a teacher herself. I enjoyed supporting her development and seeing her achieve her ambition to be a teacher.

One of my interests is in using resources and sites beyond schools to inspire and enrich learning and another is learning and teaching in art. In the photo above both those interests were combined when I worked with a class of children in an art gallery and then later at a local Field Centre.

Author: Jean

Senior Lecturer, Education at the University of Northampton. Admissions Tutor for the Foundation Degree Learning and Teaching.