Quality Teaching | Meaningful Learning
LTE’s Frequently Asked Questions
Language Development Centre
Policies and Procedures
- Where can I get some help to (re)design my programme/module?
- I have heard of CAIeRO but don’t really know what it is or how long it takes.
- What and where is the curriculum documentation I need to complete when designing a new programme? Is there guidance on how to complete it?
- How can I ensure my programme reflects the appropriate academic expectations for each level?
- Do I have to use the exact wording in COGS when I’m writing Learning Outcomes?
- How many aims and learning outcomes should I have for a programme and a 10/20/40/60 credit module?
- I want to include a placement. What do I do?
- I want to embed academic study skills throughout everything I do because the students need it but I don’t feel skilled enough to teach this myself. What should I do? Who can help?
- Where could I get some ideas for teaching and learning activities to try in my sessions?
- What level of detail about assessment do I need to include on my Module Specification?
- I’ve heard about new technology and I’m interested in using it in my teaching. Who do I ask for help?
- What is a tutorial with a Learning Development tutor?
- How do I book and attend a tutorial?
- How long are LLS Tutorials?
- I want to see someone about my academic work but I’m not sure who I need to see.
- How do I attend an online drop-in for Learning Development?
- Where can I find the dates and times for the Learning Development drop-in sessions?
- Do Library and Learning Services support SPSS?
- I am having problems using SPSS for my analysis, can you help?
- Who are the Learning Development Mentors and how can I find them?