What We Do
Quality Teaching | Meaningful Learning
Welcome to Learning and Teaching Enhancement.
We work in a highly collaborative and research-informed way, and we value effective communication and staff development.
Values and Objectives
The University of Northampton Values
Delivering – a student experience of the highest quality.
Entrepreneurial – the commitment to innovation, value for money and financial sustainability.
Valuing – opportunity, diversity, a global perspective, inclusion and equality for all.
Enabling – a culture of empowerment, responsibility, tolerance and excellence.
Leading – enhancing the economic, social, cultural and creative life of those we work with across the world.
Openness – transparency, adaptability, resilience, celebration of success.
Performance – through continuous staff development and investment.
- Lead or contribute to institution wide initiatives in relation to enhancing learning and teaching.
- Provide a Learning Development service to all students and staff.
- Support evidence-based approaches to learning and teaching enhancement through research and scholarship.
- Recognise and reward those who demonstrate excellence in learning and teaching and in supporting learning.
- Create a Language Centre to support English language for academic purposes.
- Provide an academic CPD framework for all staff – C@N-DO.
- Support staff and students in relation to academic integrity.
- Facilitate learning design approaches to create excellent learning opportunities.
Awards, Grants and Fellowships
The Learning and Teaching Enhancement team recognises excellence in several ways:
- Associate Professor Programme.
- Innovation Fund.
- Advance HE Fellowships – Associate, Fellow, Senior and Principal Fellows.
- National Teaching Fellowships and CATE Programmes.
- UON Annual Learning and Teaching Conference.