A monthly hour-long session, the App Café looks at how UN staff can better use apps and services for their phone, tablet and PC browser, for both general productivity in HE and also within learning and teaching.
With mobile devices becoming more and more ubiquitous coupled with the wealth of useful apps and online services now readily available, the App Café provides an opportunity to look at the implications of mobile devices and apps in HE and how we can better use them for both general productivity and also within learning and teaching.
A monthly hour-long session held in TPOD (1st floor, Park Library), the App Café is delivered jointly by Staff Development and the Learning Technologies Team. Within the sessions you can:
- Learn all about ‘must have’ work-related apps and services for your phone, tablet and PC browser.
- Practice using them under the direction and support of knowledgeable staff.
- Share your own top tips and experiences, plus what apps you use and why.
- Learn how other UN staff are using apps and services to best effect within their teaching and also general day to day work.
This is a participative event with an opportunity each month to share with fellow staff across all disciplines the apps you use in the classroom or apps you use in general.
Following the sessions, we would be interested in hearing how you get on with the apps you are trying out.
- What do you like / dislike?
- Are they easy to use?
- How did you use them?
- What other apps have you found and tried?
Please share your experiences with others who visit the App Cafe, even if they are only virtual visitors!
Dates and details
Please see App Café dates and session details for 2016-17 for up-to-date details of planned sessions.