1. Seminar on September 25 (Frontier Medical Group: a leading supplier of consumable products and services to healthcare providers http://www.frontier-group.co.uk/ )
The Healthcare Waste and Resources Research Group will be hosting a seminar focusing on treatment technologies and recovering value from healthcare waste, on Thursday September 25.
It will be held at the Bywaters’ recycling facility, in East London. The morning session will be dedicated to presentations from a range of speakers. While in the afternoon, delegates will have the opportunity to tour the facility.
The event is being sponsored by Frontier Medical Group, MITIE, Sharpsmart and Bywaters. Additional sponsors include GV Health, SRCL, Econix and Independent Safety Services Ltd.
Registration forms and booking details, including early bird discounts are available at the link below. When you book, can you let us know: (1) if you would like to do the site tour in the afternoon, (2) if you require a car parking space and (3) if you have any disability requirements?
2. Future directions for EfW: David Palmer-Jones (SITA CEO)
3. Stricter sentencing on waste crimes comes in
Tougher sentencing for criminals of environmental and waste offences such as illegal waste handling and illegal waste export, has come into force as of July 1…..
4. EA set to enforce separate recycling collections
Draft guidance published by the Environment Agency (EA) states that from January 2015 commingled waste collections will only be permitted where they provide “high quality recyclate” or where separate collection “is not practicable”….
5. Winners of national recycling awards