1. The Group’s 2017 sustainable food waste management conference
Speakers will include:
Alison Wilson who is a General Manager working in the Estates and Facilities Division at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust (CHFT) and has worked in the NHS for 12 years. CHFT were one of three Trusts to work alongside the Soil Association focusing on Food for Life in a Healthcare setting initiative and were the first Trust to opt into non-compulsory CQUIN target (Commissioning for Quality and Innovation) focusing on delivering improvements to patient food. Alison led the project on behalf of the Trust alongside other key stakeholders (Councils, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Health-watch and ISS) which involved delivering a reduction in patient meal wastage. The presentation will describe how CHFT achieved their CQUIN targets.
Dr Jane Gilbert from Carbon Clarity. Jane is a chartered environmentalist (CEnv) and waste management professional (MCIWM), and has been involved in the organics recycling sector for over twenty years. She is the former chief executive of the Composting Association/Association for Organics Recycling and co-founder of the European Compost Network, and is currently vice chair of the International Solid Waste Association’s Biological Treatment Working Group. She is also an active member of their Task Force on Resource Management, the European Group and Science & Technical Committee, working on the role of organics within a circular economy.
Early bird registration closes on September 20. Book now by clicking here
2. UK forum for supply chain sustainability
Following last year’s successful event, the Carbon Trust is proud to announce the date for this free-to-attend, one-day conference in association with Loughborough University London providing a platform to:
- Learn from world leading industries, academic experts and thought leaders (including Velux, The LEGO Group, O2, University of Cambridge, University of Sheffield and Loughborough University)
- Integrate knowledge and perspectives through interactive round table panel discussion
- Share collective experience, knowledge and best practices from across sectors
- Collaborate, network and identify opportunities with the subject matter experts in business, government, academia and NGO organisations
For more information click here
3. Proposal for the introduction of a new UN number and packaging for infectious waste
The UN Sub-Committee has produced a formal paper proposing to introduce a new UN number and packaging instructions for Category A infectious waste.
More details can be found here
4. Survey on training workshops in 2018
The Group is planning on hosting training workshops in 2018. However, we would like some feedback with regards to what topics you would most like. Therefore, could you click on the link below and complete the short survey, by Friday September 8, please?
To complete the survey click here
5. OPRA webinar for CIWM members
Sign up here