The aim of the Manufacturing and Materials Innovation Competition is to stimulate and widen innovation in UK manufacturing and materials. A range of projects that address technical or commercial challenges can be supported. These aim to increase business productivity, competitiveness and growth, particularly for SMEs. A project may focus on technical feasibility, industrial research or experimental development. The type of innovation project will depend on the nature of the challenge the applicant business is facing.
The deadline for registration is July 12. For more information click here
2. OECD vacancy – Water governance co-ordinator
The OECD is looking for an experienced programme co-ordinator to lead the activities of the OECD Water Governance Programme. S/he will be expected to carry out and supervise economic and policy analysis, to draft and ensure the quality control of the reports and policy briefs; to disseminate the work in relevant events and networks; to co-ordinate the biannual multi-stakeholder network and its working groups; and to fundraise actively to ensure the sustainability of the Programme.
See details here
3. Co-op to reduce waste to landfill
The Co-op is aiming to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill by replacing the usual polystyrene bases for its pizza packaging with recyclable cardboard.
Read the story here
4. The Group’s 2017 conference
The Group’s 2017 conference will be held on Thursday October 5, at the Northampton Town’s football ground in Sixfields, Northampton. The event will focus on the sustainable management of food waste from the healthcare and hospitality sectors. It will feature speakers from WRAP, Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust, the Co-op, Northamptonshire Waste Partnership and Severn Trent Water. The event will be sponsored by Sharpsmart and Olleco.
To book click here
5. Vacancy with CESVI for a waste management specialist in Tajikistan
The role will last for 5 months, starting in August 2017.
The Waste Management Specialist will be based in Ayni, with frequent travels to Dushanbe.
S/he reports to the Project Manager/Environment expert and responds to the Head of Mission and the Desk officer (HQ).
The main activities, s/he will be involved are:
• Mapping of the main centres of waste and production in the project target area
• Support, organization and technical backstopping for trainings and awareness seminars on sustainable management of waste (bringing innovations)
• Support and evaluation of the recycling system
• Support in training on compost techniques to rural settlements
• Study of the impact of the new collection system
• Support in the organisation of the Training Course on solid waste management
• Technical backstopping for the establishment of safe waste deposits
• Support on the evaluation and technical backstopping for the implementation of small pilot projects
For more information click here