2022 Forum Theme:
New Horizons: Working Together for a Brighter Future
It is widely agreed that stakeholders have a significant impact on event development and success. Research is beginning to emerge into how events engage with stakeholders but this is still a relatively new area of study. From internal team and volunteer relationships to media and sponsor partnerships, from audience and participants to performers and suppliers, events connect a plethora of stakeholders, each requiring management and communication. This complex web and the challenges of operating in that environment are being explored through multiple research routes and includes wider topics such as events strategy, experience design, communications planning, team development and operational management. This theme also connects with wider strategic opportunities and challenges around sustainability, accessibility, forecasting and leadership.
- Engaging stakeholders in the digital space
- Stakeholders for virtual events
- International approaches to event stakeholder engagement
- Event stakeholder feedback and evaluation
- Event stakeholder research
- Students as event stakeholders
- Event stakeholder-focused teaching
- The future of event stakeholder engagement
- Event stakeholder response to covid-19 pandemic and impact on attendance/engagement
- Rebuilding the event sector
- Events as a regenerative economy
- Expectation management and contracting in events
- Growth and innovation in events
- Event social sustainability
- Engaging minority stakeholders in events
- Black Lives Matter: what happens now – how can events support anti-racism work?
- Building social capital through events
- Equality, or lack thereof?
Paper submission deadline: 5 May 2022
Conference schedule will be confirmed by 31 May 2022.