Student Testimonials on Teaching: Nominations for FAST lecturer of the Year 2019

1. He has been of good help since I started studying. I moved from Belgium to study and since I came here with different language, Dr. Michael has helped me in all aspects of my studies and I am forever grateful. He takes his time to explain things. He even gave me personal info to message him anytime I need help which has been of great help.

2. Very helpful in explaining things to do with the course.

3. Outstanding level of teaching

4. He’s a great guy

5. Cool dude

6. I enjoy the lectures and I like the style of teaching

7. Great Lecturer

8. “Michael has proven to be a very good lecturer as he has shown a lot of passion in the area which he is teaching. He is very helpful and makes a large attempt to make sure that everyone understands what he is teaching.”

9. Good and very enthusiastic teacher

10. He is very friendly to every single student.

11. Shows off enthusiasm every lecture and provides plenty of examples within their own teaching. Assistance of the overall module has been pleasant. E.g. Relating the topic content to a real-life, everyday example to make it simpler to understand.

12. Cool dude, a great lecturer

13. I strongly believe that more than the results of its students, the success of a lecturer relies on the capability of the lecturer to arise the interest of the students in the module he teaches. If you asked me a couple of months ago, I would say that my interest in Computer Architecture is below average, but now due to the enthusiastic and passionate way of Dr. Michael in explaining this module, my interest has greatly increased. I therefore nominate him as an “Outstanding Lecturer of the Year”, due to the impact that the learning experience that I got from him had in changing “Computer Architecture” from my least favorite module to my recently favorite module.

14. “Outstanding support and incredible attention to making the module as interesting as possible.

15. Examples of that would be spending his own money on components to make the module interesting and engaging to every student, providing constant support with assembly and coding of the robot cars by making online tutorials and granting in-session support to anyone that needs it.”

16. He is very good and he is trying his best with us to understand the module. He helps us even if we finished the lecture he stays with us until he make sure that we get and understand everything he give us.

17. Consistent support in and out of the class

18. During the first year of being at this university, I always felt as if i was falling behind and never seemed to quite click with the information taught to me during lectures. This resulted in my mind spiraling into a place of both discontent and self-doubt. The thought of dropping out 

19. lingered in my thoughts as if a war was waging within my mind, and my will was on the losing side. However, on that fateful day. A single man emerged on the battle field and single handily repelled the army of negative emotions. That man, was Michael Opoku Agyeman. When asked how a single man can conquer an army on his lonesome, He turned, gave a slight chuckle and replied “I enjoy what I teach”. and with that he disappeared leaving behind nothing, but an Arduino RC car assembly kit and a few burnt LEDs.  Michael is honestly, the best lecturer i had the honor of  learning under. He clearly loves the subject he teaches as he always enters the classroom with enthusiasm and with the look of determination on his face to teach his students why he loves the subject. He is always friendly, easily approachable and willing to further explain a subject that leaves students puzzled. In addition to this, Micheal knows how to connect to students, always willing to have a joke whilst still retaining his professionalism during class. If  it wasn’t for his teaching style, I would have a hard time enjoying my course.

20. Patient and outstanding for this course. He gave us feedback and help immediately and tried his best to help every students to understand the material. In addition,  the class becomes more active with his humorous teaching style. We can enjoy the free Pisa in his class.

21. Good teaching and make the classes interesting every weeks. Made many tutorials online and in classes for students.

22. Very nice teacher. his teaching style is very good as he will teach you everything you will need to know whilst maintaining a nice, friendly, funny personality/atmosphere. He also makes the module really easy to understand due to the way he explains it, plus he will frequently stop and ask if everyone gets what he is talking about which is nice because if people don’t understand, it gives them a chance to ask him about it and he will go back and explain it in another way that people will understand. Overall he is the best teacher at Northampton Uni hands down, no other lecturer even comes close and he really deserves the award.

23. Just a nice lad

24. He’s very supportive and encourages his students in all they do. He gives them hope and believes in them.

25. “Michael is one of those teachers who makes classes not just enjoyable but he makes sure that we understand everything his extra knowledge in the subject helps us understand everything”

26. Very supportive and make sure every student understands the lecture.

27. He is a great teacher, his lectures are really enjoyable and fun, he makes things look so easy and understandable.

28. I would like to nominate Prof Michael OPOKU AGYEMAN this is because he has been a great teacher through the module of computer system, he shown great passion of teaching and I really enjoy attending every class.

29. “I would like to nominate MICHAEL because he’s a great teacher, he’s so friendly with all student and he is very helpful through teaching. I think he deserve this the award more than any others teachers. “

30. Outstanding lecturer of the year

31. He deserves it!

32. Helpful and always willing to help.

33. Outstanding assistance in lecturing and readiness to help

34. He is a good teacher. Provides many resources on Nile and is a very enthusiastic individual with a clear passion for their subject area.

35. Full of energy, supportive

36. Over all good tutor, very helpful every week

37. Good support and adviser