Classroom of the Future?

1

Posted by Sarah | Posted in Children's Learning | Posted on November 6, 2014

Although these children in this picture are older than primary school pupils, it got me thinking about what the classrooms of the future would look like. Will they be more sterile looking as in the picture? Will they be packed full of technology? Will displays be all digital? I think it would be a shame if our classrooms lost too much of their character to accomodate for technology, but I understand that the growth of technology in our schools is increasing. I would be interested to get some opinions from others as to what they think about this classroom? Personally I think it looks very cold, very unwelcoming but at the same time I can see how this could be exciting to children.

Comments (1)

I agree that the classroom looks cold and unwelcoming. Like you said these are older children, however in Primary School, especially in the Early Years, children need real objects to explore hands on! They need to learn about the world by having a go and taking part in real-life activities, rather than being constantly surrounded by too much technology!

Write a comment