The term MENTOR refers to all Allied Healthcare and Nursing and Midwifery Professionals that support the University of Northampton students whilst on clinical practice.
If you are mentoring a student at the University of Northampton who is using PebblePad – or due to be using it – you can request an account to allow you to validate work.
You can request an account at any time in advance of a placement starting. The sooner you do this the better – you do not have to wait to work with a student to have an account.
Your account is set-up by the Placements and Work-based learning team. You will be added to their mentor register, and in turn added to PebblePad.
To have an account created please complete the form below including all your details. Please be sure to only request an account using your work email address (not a personal home account).
If you already have a PebblePad account and would like to amend the email address it uses, please fill-in the form and tell us you have an existing account that needs changing.
Accounts are processed twice weekly – on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Request an external assessor account
For practice supervisors, practice assessors, practice educators, academic assessors and others working with students to validate their work.
Receiving new account details
When your account is created you will be emailed with your login credentials.
- Your username – will be your work email address.
- Your password – will be randomly generated (and contained in the email)
Please check your inbox for the email. It will be sent from PebblePad (not the University).
If it hasn’t arrived please check your junk mail folder as it may have been caught here.
If you’re still unable to locate your password you will need to reset your account. Follow the guidance below.
Keep your account details secure! Please be aware, your account is the equivalent of your digital signature. You must not share your credentials with anyone, allow someone to login as you, or validate something on another’s behalf.
Select each question below to reveal the answer.
What are valid email accounts?
- You can only register to use a personal work email (not a personal gmail or hotmail account).
- You cannot use a shared work email address (used between ward staff or group of people).
If you do not have a work email address, please speak to your internal IT department or line manager about setting one up. If you still have problems, please speak to your student’s link tutor for advice.
I do not have a 'work email address'
If you need an email setting up please speak to your local IT Helpdesk.
If you have a work email but don’t regularly use it please speak to your local IT Helpdesk about regaining access.
If you have tried all above and still can’t get a work email, contact the University’s Placement team for advice.
When will my account be activated?
Can I login without a password?
- Go to the PebblePad password reset page
- Type your username – for mentors this is always your work email address
- Check your email inbox within 24hrs for a weblink
- Follow the link to a new web page
- Type a new password into the box (you don’t need to know the old password)
Can I change my password?
- Go to the PebblePad Northampton change password page
- Type your current details into the boxes (your username is your work email address).
- Click change.
- Return to the main login page and enter your new details
Confirmation of your new details will be emailed to you.