Having survived the ordeal, the students now take possession of the treasure – in this case it is to be hoped that the treasure that they have won is a pass in their assessment(s), but the more valuable treasure is the feedback and feed forward that will assist them during the next, and most difficult, stage of the module – the road back.
Diagnostic questions for stage ix):
- What is the reward for successfully navigating the ordeal?
- What happens to those students who are not successful?
- How do students get their results and feedback?
- How can you ensure that both the successful and the unsuccessful students get feedback quickly enough for it to be useful?
- Will they know what the grades mean? If not, how can this be included in the unit?
- How are you supporting the students in reading and understanding their feedback?