1.Webinar to launch the GGHH healthcare waste reduction measurement system (April 20 and 21)
During the upcoming webinar, GGHH will launch the waste reduction measurement system. This new tool will assist GGHH members to achieve their waste goals and to meet the principles of: reduce, reuse and recycle. The assessment tool provides for data entry on types of waste generated and the methods of treatment and disposal. The on-line dashboard illustrates the different types of waste generated and sent to each treatment or disposal method. It will also show the proportion of total waste that goes to the most environmentally sound treatment and disposal routes, such as non-burn disinfection and materials recycling.
There will be two sessions on April 20 to accommodate different time zones.
For more information and to register, please click here
2. US EPA announces its national enforcement priorities for 2017 – 2019
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced its seven National Enforcement Initiatives for fiscal years 2017-2019, which focus on national pollution challenges where EPA’s enforcement efforts will protect public health. The fiscal year 2017-2019 National Enforcement Initiatives are:
1. Keeping Industrial Pollutants Out of the Nation’s Waters (new initiative)
2. Reducing Risks of Accidental Releases at Industrial and Chemical Facilities (new initiative)
3. Cutting Hazardous Air Pollutants (expanded initiative)
See the full list of priorities here
3. Government publishes National Infrastructure Delivery Plan 2016 – 2021
- Investment of £483 billion in over 600 infrastructure projects across all sectors and throughout the entire UK up to 2020 and beyond. This includes economic infrastructure investment worth £425 billion, while an additional £58 billion will go towards social infrastructure.
- Private investment of over £100 billion in energy projects such as electricity generation, transmission and North Sea investment.