1. Open Consultation – Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010: updating the regulations
Defra and the Welsh Government are seeking views on the accuracy of the draft Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2016. This consultation closes on 27 October 2015
See the consultation documents here: EPR consultation
2. Joint Healthcare Waste and Resources Research Group and ISWA International conference (sponsored by Grundon Waste Management)
In conjunction with the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA), the Group will be hosting an international conference on April 14 and 15, 2016. It will be held at St Thomas’ Hospital in London. Topics to be covered will include current and emerging technologies, sustainability and preparing for emergencies.
The draft programme can be found here: Draft schedule (Sept 2015)
Sponsors include: Daniels Sharpsmart, Econix, GV Health, Frontier Medical Group and ISS Ltd. (Please contact Terry Tudor: email@example.com, if you wish to sponsor)
Booking details for early bird registration can be found here: healthcare waste 2016 conference
3. Short course on healthcare waste management
This short course provides an introduction to the effective management of Healthcare Wastes.
• To become aware of, and how to comply with, the relevant policies and legislation governing the management of healthcare waste
• To understand the issues surrounding the consignment and transport of healthcare waste
• To become aware of the key thermal and alternative treatment technologies employed in managing healthcare waste
Book to do the course here: healthcare waste short course
4. The uptake of low-carbon technologies within the NHS
Read the full article here: uptake of low-carbon technologies
5. Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership
The latest text of the EU-US Transaltantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) proposal, published on 31 July, contains strong safeguards enabling Member States to retain full control over how they provide health services. Negotiations will continue during the autumn.
Read the lastest version of the proposal here: TTIP