1. The Group’s 2017 conference
Why should you attend?:
- The monies from the event will be used to fund the Group’s activities to facilitate future entrants into the sector, including student work shadowing opportunities
- It will provide practical recommendations for sustainably managing food waste
- You will have the opportunity to network with stakeholders from a range of public and private sector organisations
- You can arrange a 1-2-1 meeting with a business support officer to explore business support and funding opportunities for your organisation
Book now by clicking here
2. Should parents pay to bin used nappies?
Parents have raised a stink over “ridiculous” plans by some councils in England and Wales to charge them to take away nappies on top of their household waste.
Among the gripes is that bin collections are getting less frequent and cause a smelly pile-up. So what options do parents have?
Read more here
3. Recomed wins at the National Recycling Awards
Recomed, a scheme to recover PVC medical devices, has jointly won the Waste Prevention category of the 2017 National Recycling Awards, for an approach to sustainable healthcare recycling.
The scheme, which runs across the UK, is run by project partners Axion Consulting, a resource recovery specialist, and the British Plastics Federation.
Since 2014 RecoMed has supplied recycling containers, communication materials and collections to participating hospitals.
Read more here
4. Reuse of surplus assets at Humber NHS Foundation Trust
Read more here
5. Vacancies for academic teaching staff (Sessional), at UNIC
University of Northampton International College (UNIC), Navitas Ltd UK. Salary: From £22.22 – £43.24 per hour (depending on qualifications and experience). Location: Northampton
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals.
University of Northampton International College (UNIC) is currently seeking to recruit part time academic lecturing staff to teach in some or all of the following programmes: Foundation, First Year and Pre-Masters. We are particularly interested in hearing from applicants who can deliver curriculum in at least one of the following areas:
– Applied Concepts
UNIC is an Associate College of the University of Northampton and opened in September 2016. We are seeking exceptional, dynamic candidates. Applicants should possess a relevant degree and have broad demonstrable commercial experience. We are ideally seeking applicants with experience of teaching.
In this role you will teach international learners and be responsible for the preparation and delivery of lessons, teaching students, undertaking assessment and internal moderation. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis. UNIC is a safeguarding employer and the successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. UNIC is an equal opportunity employer and part of Navitas Limited. Navitas reserves the right to fill the positions by invitation.
Applicants must be able to start work on September, 2017 and demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK. Interviews are expected to be held on Wednesday, 23 and Thursday, 24 August 2017. Applications including both a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae should be sent to: Mrs May Flett, Director of Academic and Student Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 17:00 on Wednesday 9 August, 2017.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted