1. The Group’s 2017 sustainable food waste management conference
Why should you attend?:
- The monies from the event will be used to fund the Group’s activities to facilitate future entrants into the sector, including student work shadowing opportunities
- It will provide practical recommendations for sustainably managing food waste
- You will have the opportunity to network with stakeholders from a range of public and private sector organisations
- You can arrange a 1-2-1 meeting with a business support officer to explore business support and funding opportunities for your organisation
Book now by clicking here
2. Clean Tech innovators and investors workshop
Investors and clean tech firms are invited to sign up and jointly explore the opportunities offered by the UK’s fast expanding green economy.
The BusinessGreen Technology and Investment Forum, offers leading investors, green entrepreneurs, and clean tech start-ups to jointly explore the investment opportunities presented by the UK’s fast expanding green technology sector.
The Forum will take place at BusinessGreen’s offices in Central London on the morning of Wednesday 4 October.
The event will feature keynote addresses from leading clean tech and green investment experts, including event sponsor Innovate UK, and a series of short presentations from around 20 of the UK’s most exciting, investment-stage clean tech firms.
Read more here
3. Newton Fund: global funding opportunities for UK companies
So far, some 14 bilateral funding competitions with 8 different partner countries, have opened, and a number of others are open and forthcoming.
These competitions are giving UK businesses a chance to work with overseas partners (and other UK partners) and jointly develop innovative commercial solutions to key societal challenges the partner country is facing. These challenge are as diverse as cliamte change and urbanisation in Malaysia, non-communicable diseases in South Africa, and industrial waste in India.
Read more here
4. The SPHS 2016 annual report
The SPHS Annual Report 2016 was launched today. The report brings together the key achievements of the SPHS Task Team for a more sustainable global health sector, which prioritizes protecting the environment and addressing the threat of climate change.
Read the report here
5. ISWA World Congress and WASTECON – No Time to Waste – 25-27 September 2017, Baltimore
The North American Solid Waste Association’s WASTECON conference co-locates with the International Solid Waste Association’s World Congress to offer two exciting international events in one location. Thousands of industry professionals will gather at the convenient Baltimore location.
For more information click here