1. Free GGHH webinars on August 19 and 20
The Global Green and Healthy Hospitals (GGHH) will be hosting two free one hour webinars on healthcare waste management strategies on August 19 and 20.
For details and booking, click GGHH webinars
2. Joint Healthcare Waste and Resources Research Group and ISWA International conference (sponsored by Grundon Waste Management)
In conjunction with the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA), the Group will be hosting an international conference on April 14 and 15, 2016. It will be held at St Thomas’ Hospital in London. Topics to be covered will include current and emerging technologies, sustainability and preparing for emergencies.
The draft programme can be found here: Draft schedule (Aug 2015)
Sponsors include: Daniels Sharpsmart, Econix, GV Health, Frontier Medical Group and ISS Ltd. (Please contact Terry Tudor: email@example.com, if you wish to sponsor)
Booking details for early bird registration can be found here: healthcare waste 2016 conference
3. Short course on healthcare waste management
This short course provides an introduction to the effective management of Healthcare Wastes.
• To become aware of, and how to comply with, the relevant policies and legislation governing the management of healthcare waste
• To understand the issues surrounding the consignment and transport of healthcare waste
• To become aware of the key thermal and alternative treatment technologies employed in managing healthcare waste
Book to do the course here: healthcare waste short course
4. CIWM public contracts regulations’ master class
Whether you’re a waste or procurement officer working for a local authority, it’s vital that you are aware of the recent changes that have come into effect following The Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (SI 2015). This half-day masterclass will provide you with the very latest information on these changes as well as a practical understanding of how the regulations will apply to the procurement of public waste contracts.
To reserve your place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here: CIWM master class
5. NHS Trusts told to financial plans ‘unaffordable’
Hospitals and health trusts in England have been told by regulators to look again at their financial plans as current ones are “simply unaffordable”. Monitor has written to the 46 foundation trusts with the biggest deficits “challenging” their plans. It urged money-saving measures such as filling only essential staff vacancies.
Read the full story NHS trusts