1. Wales announces priorities for its natural resources policy
Wales has published its new Natural Resources Policy (NRP), the second major milestone in the implementation of the ground-breaking Environment (Wales) Act, highlighting renewable energy and resource efficiency among the priorities.
For more information click here
2. The Group’s 2017 sustainable food waste management conference
Why should you attend?:
- The monies from the event will be used to fund the Group’s activities to facilitate future entrants into the sector, including student work shadowing opportunities
- Presentations will cover a range of topics including exciting new products, such as bioplastics and surfactants; supply chain management; and policy and legislative updates
- You will have the opportunity to network with stakeholders from both public and private sector organisations
- You can arrange a 1-2-1 meeting with a business support officer to explore business support and funding opportunities for your organisation
Book 5 spaces and get 1 free. Book now by clicking here
3. European Council: Hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment – Council and Parliament reach a deal
The Council and the European Parliament recently reached a provisional agreement on a proposal for a revised directive concerning the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Read more here
4. Survey on training workshops in 2018
The Group is planning on hosting training workshops in 2018. However, we would like some feedback with regards to what topics you would most like. Therefore, could you click on the link below and complete the short survey, by Friday September 8, please?
To complete the survey click here
5. Vacancy for a waste management specialist with CESVI
CESVI is looking for a waste management specialist for a 5 month-consultancy in Tajikistan. Deadline for applications is the 18 September.
For more details click here