1. Joint Healthcare Waste and Resources Research Group and ISWA International conference
In conjunction with the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA), the Group will be hosting an international conference on April 14 and 15, 2016. It will be held at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust in London. Topics to be covered will include current and emerging technologies, sustainability and preparing for emergencies.
2. March issue of the HE&WM newsletter, the newsletter of the EU-HCWM project
Read a copy here: EUHCWM Newsletter No3 March 2015_EN
3. CIWM’s Resourcing the Future Awards now open
Winners of the awards could receive bursaries to further their studies in the UK and overseas, and for an international member to visit the UK, the results of which will be further reported across CIWM media.
See details and entry forms here: CIWM awards
4. National Recycling Awards short list announced
See list of healthcare recyclers here: National Recycling Awards
5. Free webinar on Ebola and healthcare waste (April 22, 2015)
A free webinar with Dr Jorge Emmanuel, who has recently returned from two months working with the UNDP in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea. There will be two sessions to take account of different time zones.
Read more details here: Ebola and healthcare waste