Considering Gilly Salmon’s concept of E-moderation I find it interesting that she introduces a number of stages to socialise students work online. When setting group work – whether in-class or online I am unaware of similar stages for socialising groups.

Having reflected on this, and had feedback on both our ‘classroom roleplay activity’ and ‘groupwork tool kit’ I wonder if there could be similar stages introduced so that all students working in groups would get a comparative experience and feel confident to work online and better understand the expectations of this at a University level.

Although there is not a direct link between our work with groups and Gilly Salmons model, I think the concept of formulating developmental steps is very interesting and could perhaps form some of the ideas for our future work. 

Early thoughts are that the stages or ‘roleplay’, ‘developing digital literacies’, ‘planning’ and ‘agreeing roles & responsibilities’ could be present, it would be interesting to work on this further in the future.