One of the posible outputs for this project is the production of an interactive video on ‘Advice for students working in groups’ featuring a number of scenarios devised and produced by UoN students. 

To better understand what would be involved in the production of an Interactive Video I attended the workshop by Al Holloway ‘Exploring Interactive Video Paths’ and produced the following prototype.

This was produced in two hours and contains video created by exported PowerPoint slides.

My experience was that the platform works well, but that it will involve considerable planning to ensure that the correct video is created for each scenario outcome. 

Of the interactive video tool Path Al Holloway said these ‘have the potential to be a useful tool for learning and teaching. The key advice from me is to plan your story on paper before you start. Every cross-roads in your narrative expands the pathways and without good planning, you may get lost. Path enables you to create great digital stories and every good storyteller needs a structure.’

My experiences supporting students with video assignments suggests that they are comfortable with using mobile devices to make video projects and can produce work to reasonable standard. I therefore think that this would be a good option for us to explore further with students.