A blog for students on the FDLT and BALT courses at the University of Northampton

at Leicester and UN

Congratulations to our graduates!

| 2 Comments

Last Sunday many of attended the School of Education graduation ceremony at the Derngate in Northampton. As

Tina, Kim, Helen, Janet, Siobhan from the UN group (FDLT)

Tina, Kim, Helen, Louise, Janet, Siobhan from the UN group (FDLT)

tutors we are lucky to sit on the stage and watch as our students receive their FDLT and BALT awards. This is such a proud moment for them, their families and for us.

As Admissions Tutor for FDLT I have met all of the students at the very beginning of their plans to do a degree – to see them achieve this is wonderful. As tutors we know that this represents a huge amount of work and changes to their family life to make it possible.

The students in this photo said “we’re happy to say it was extremely worth it and a good end to the FDLT. Coming to the FDLT graduation was a good boost to finish BALT, and we’re determined to finish now. It was such an enjoyable day and lovely to spend a proud day with all the family: they have to put up with so much throughout the year and we couldn’t do it without them.”

Lianne Lever, a student from the BALT group , gave the address from students at the end of the ceremony and acknowledged the support from their families which has been such a vital part of the experience.

If any of you have photos you’d like to share do send them to me and I will add them here.

Author: Jean

Senior Lecturer, Education at the University of Northampton. Admissions Tutor for the Foundation Degree Learning and Teaching.

2 Comments

1. That was an amazing day ! To see all of us suited and gowned was really special. My thanks go to all the helpful tutors that helped me accomplish this FDLT. You were all so understanding, approachable and friendly. I’m half way through my BALT and through completing the foundation degree it has stood me in good stead to complete the top-up Degree. See you all at the next graduation !