ICT sessions begin…

The first couple of ICT sessions have been really interesting and taught me some important points.  The first being my online profile.  After having a look at what social networking sites I am registered on (and their content!) gave me a bit of a shock as to what a future employer may find out about me.  I have now deleted any posts etc. which may cause me trouble in any way, shape or form and have password protected absolutely everything!  At the end of the day, my personal life is exactly that, personal to me, children and employers do not need to know about that.

Twitter is now being used as a medium to get us to communicate with each other, with the uni and share experiences, resources and ideas with others on the course.  I think this is a really useful tool.  Schools are also beginning to use social networking sites to contact parents and carers, this is something I will come back to another time but something that I find intriguing.

In the session today (24/09/12) we focused on the use of interaction whiteboards, specifically Smartboards.  I have had a quick play on Easiteach before but not a Smartboard.  It really opened my eyes to just how much you can use your board for!  I saw Easiteach in action on a daily basis, it was used in every lesson in some respect and the children really responded to it.  Their generation are the technological generation; they love gadgets and things to play with so engage when it is used within lessons.   I was having a look at Triptico and it looks like a brilliant resource, go and have a look at it!  Also here’s the link to Gareth’s entry on downloading videos for interactive whiteboard presentations if you need it.

I am really looking forward to making my own interactive whiteboard resource, the possibilities seem literally endless!

2 thoughts on “ICT sessions begin…”

1. Hey I am so grateful I found your blog, I really found you by mistake,
    while I was looking on Digg for something else, Anyhow I am here now
    and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome work.