Reflecting, a look at what we’ve done.

2

Posted by MacKinnon | Posted in ICT, teacher, teachers tools | Posted on November 21, 2012

As a trainee teacher the importance of evaluating our own work is important.
Taking a look back at assignments after they have been marked.
Working out where our lesson plans went wrong.
Realising that working with your best friends isn’t always the best learning opportunity!

Bringing ICT into evaluations for children means that we can get an insight into their own opinions. The individual can tell us what they are proud of, but also what they would like to change if given another opportunity.
In some classes self assessment is done very simply with a ‘thumbs up or down’ approach.
For younger children who may not be able to write pages about their work, or for older children who may not want to, the use of talk means we can get a clear and concise evaluation.

But as all trainees will cry “what about evidence?!”
I suggest the use of audioboo. An online app that can be downloaded to mobile technologies. The app is simply a voice recorder, images or slideshows can be added to give examples of the work completed. This video can be used to show progression and reflection. This way the child takes a second look at what they have done, it isn’t just saved to the school server or printed and put in a file.
A basic outline of how audioboo works is below.

We looked at the use of audioboo in session 4.

Comments (2)

This audioboo technology sounds really good and I like it because it is a free app! I found your blog and video information really helpful explaining about the technology.

Since reading your post I have downloaded audioboo so I can familiarise myself with it and learn how to get the best out of it when using it in the classroom. I hadn’t realised that images or a slideshow could be added so this makes it a much more viable resource for the classroom.

Thank you.

Write a comment